The field of complementary and integrative health encompasses a large and diverse array of practices, products, and disciplines. To best focus its research investment, NCCIH’s strategic plan outlines a framework of three scientific and two cross-cutting objectives.
- Advance fundamental science and methods development.
- Improve care for hard-to-manage symptoms.
- Foster health promotion and disease prevention.
- Enhance the complementary and integrative health research workforce.
- Disseminate objective evidence-based information on complementary and integrative health interventions.
The next page describes these objectives in more detail.