Text version of The Institute of Medicine says chronic pain in the U.S....
The Institute of Medicine says chronic pain in the U.S.…1
- Affects about 100 million adults
- Costs $560–$635 billion annually (health care, lost productivity)
- A major cause of missed work
Chronic pain is…
- Often defined as pain >12 weeks
- Complex and unique to each person
- 1Institute of Medicine. Relieving Pain in America: A Blueprint for Transforming Prevention, Care, Education, and Research, 2011.
Return to the infographic page
This page last modified September 24, 2017