Hilton Cleveland Downtown
This event requires registration for the 2020 International Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health (ICIMH).
This workshop will provide an overview by Dr. Emmeline Edwards, director of the NCCIH Division of Extramural Research, of NCCIH’s strategic interests in relation to early career development opportunities. Dr. Lanay Mudd, NCCIH training officer, will provide an overview of different staff roles at the NIH, introduce NCCIH staff, and provide an overview of career development funding opportunities (K-awards and the New Innovator Award). Dr. Ashlee Tipton, NCCIH scientific review officer, will describe the review process and highlight key characteristics of strong K-award applications.
Drs. Christina Luberto, Jeffrey Proulx, Matthew Davis, and Richard Harris, current NCCIH grantees at different stages of their careers, will lead a panel discussion with tips for successful career transitions. Breakout sessions specific to research and clinical care, clinical research, and basic and mechanistic research co-led by Drs. Amanda Shallcross and Carol Greco, funded investigators, and NCCIH staff will discuss the following topic areas:
- Juggling demands and finding balance
- Finding mentors for different career stages
- Planning NIH grant submissions.
While attending ICIMH, attendees are invited to sign up for one-on-one consultations with Dr. Mudd for individualized advice on preparing grant applications. Timeslots for consultations are available on Wednesday, April 29 and Thursday, April 30. Please email Dr. Mudd at email@example.com to sign up for a slot in advance of the meeting. A sign-up sheet will also be available at the pre-congress workshop.
- Matthew Davis, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Richard Harris, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Lanay Mudd, NCCIH, Bethesda, Maryland
- Emmeline Edwards, NCCIH, Bethesda, Maryland
- Ashlee Tipton, NCCIH, Bethesda, Maryland
- Wen Chen, NCCIH, Bethesda, Maryland
- Wendy Weber, NCCIH, Bethesda, Maryland
- Christina Luberto, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Amanda Shallcross, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York
- Carol Greco, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Jeffrey Proulx, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon