On Friday, October 5, the National Advisory Council for Complementary and Integrative Health (NACCIH) will hold its first meeting of Fiscal Year 2019. If you are an NCCIH grantee, potential applicant, or other stakeholder, you may be interested to hear updates on the Center’s activities, policies, and funding priorities during the meeting’s open session. NCCIH will livestream the session on NIH Videocast from 9:30 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. ET, and it will be archived.
Our agenda this time features a panel, “Interaction Between Evidence-based Guidelines and NCCIH Research Priorities,” with:
- David Shurtleff, Ph.D., NCCIH
- Arlene Bierman, M.D., Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Joseph Chin, M.D., Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Roger Chou, M.D., Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine.
Other presentations include:
- The report of the NCCIH Acting Director, Dr. Shurtleff
- The annual report of the Director of the NCCIH Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Catherine Bushnell, Ph.D.
- A brief scientific talk on “Bidirectional Control of Pain in the Central Amygdala,” by Yarimar Carrasquillo, Ph.D., Principal Investigator, DIR, Section on Behavioral Neurocircuitry and Cellular Plasticity
- Three research concepts for clearance by the Council:
- “Mechanisms Underlying Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory Properties of Terpenes and Minor Cannabinoids,” presented by Inna Belfer, M.D., Ph.D., Program Director, Division of Extramural Research (DER)
- “Emotional Well-Being High-Priority Research Networks,” Emmeline Edwards, Ph.D., Director, DER
- “HEAL Initiatives involving NCCIH,” Wendy Weber, N.D., Ph.D., M.P.H., Acting Deputy Director, NCCIH
The NACCIH meets three times per year and is charged with advising, consulting with, and making recommendations to the Center Director on matters relating to NCCIH’s research activities and functions. In closed sessions, it provides secondary review of grant applications with respect to NCCIH research priorities and program balance.
We welcome you to attend the open session either in person here in Bethesda, Maryland or via NIH Videocast. You may also review past meeting minutes.
- View the October 5, 2018 Council agenda.