This page is an historical document and contains content that may be out of date.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine and Aging
Marc R. Blackman, M.D., Former Chief of the Endocrine Section Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Credits: This lecture is part of an archive. Please note that CME/CEU credit is no longer available for this lecture.
- Discuss the theoretical aspects of the aging process, including the decreased ability to respond to stressors
- Identify the principles of CAM and their relationship to the aging process
- Describe CAM studies related to aging
- Examine aging issues specific to women
- Review CAM approaches to treating prostate cancer in aging men
This lecture has been broken into six chapters, beginning with Theoretical Aspects of the Aging Process. Use the links below to move through the lecture in order, or jump to any chapter using the sidebar links at right.