Division of Extramural Research
You may find it helpful to discuss your proposed research with a staff member prior to submitting a grant application.
The most efficient method to get the best answer to your question is to prepare a short description of your question, or if the question concerns the appropriateness of a research project, formulate a short description of the project and email it to the most appropriate program director (refer to specific interest areas). This will allow the program director the time needed to provide you with the most informed answer to your question. It also provides an efficient means for the parties to schedule a teleconference for an in-depth discussion when required. (this needs to be more professionally worded but hopefully gets the idea across)
If you have general questions about NCCIH, please contact the NCCIH Clearinghouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinical Research Branch Program Directors & Scientific Interest Areas:
- Wendy Weber, N.D., Ph.D., M.P.H.
- D. Lee Alekel, Ph.D. (interest areas link)
- Kristen Huntley, Ph.D. (interest areas link)
- Partap Khalsa, D.C., Ph.D.
Basic and Mechanistic Research Branch Program Directors & Scientific Interest Areas:
- John S. Williamson, Ph.D.
- Linda C. Duffy, Ph.D. (interest areas link)
- Craig Hopp, Ph.D. (interest areas link)
- Carol Pontzer, Ph.D. (interest areas link)
Still have a Question? Contact the Division of Extramural Research