Services and Hours
The NCCIH Clearinghouse…
- Responds to inquiries, in English or Spanish
- Distributes NCCIH publications and selected other Federal publications on complementary health approaches
- Retrieves information from Federal databases of peer-reviewed scientific and medical literature
- Makes referrals to other Federal resources as appropriate
- Is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET (except Federal holidays)
How To Contact the Clearinghouse
The NCCIH Clearinghouse provides information on complementary health approaches and NCCIH, including publications and searches of Federal databases of scientific and medical literature. The Clearinghouse does not provide medical advice, treatment recommendations, or referrals to practitioners.
Toll-free in the U.S.: 1-888-644-6226
TTY (for deaf and hard-of-hearing callers): 1-866-464-3615
Web site: nccih.nih.gov
As one of its mandates from Congress, NCCIH is charged with “the dissemination of health information” (42 USC § 287c–21). The NCCIH Clearinghouse serves this mission. It is the public's point of contact for scientifically based information on complementary and integrative health interventions and for information about NCCIH.
The NCCIH Clearinghouse does not provide medical advice or referrals to practitioners. Decisions about medical care and treatment should be made in consultation with a health care provider, based on the condition and needs of each person. NCCIH recommends discussing information on complementary health approaches with a health care provider before making any decisions about treatment or care.