This webinar will provide an overview of the new funding opportunities, which provide funding mechanisms for the specific stages of clinical research from early phase pharmacokinetics, establishment of the biological impact of the product on humans, study of dose impact to optimize impact on the biological signature, through efficacy trials. NCCIH program and review staff will discuss the following topics during the webinar:
- The stages of natural product clinical research that NCCIH supports
- A description of all the available clinical trial FOAs for natural product trials
- The steps to select the appropriate FOA in order to submit a natural product clinical trial application to NCCIH
- A description of the product quality information that is required for all funded natural product clinical trials at NCCIH
- An overview of the review process and considerations for the new FOAs.