Recent Study Results
Summaries of Selected Studies
Pain-Induced Changes in the Brain’s Opioid System May Explain the Limited Effectiveness of Opioid Therapy in Chronic Pain (May 22, 2018)
A Potential Anticancer Drug From Poppies Has Been Produced in Genetically Engineered Yeast (April 2, 2018)
Analysis of Data on the Prevalence and Pharmacologic Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis Pain (March 27, 2018)
How People Appraise a Heat Stimulus Affects How Their Autonomic Nervous Systems Respond To It, Study Finds (March 27, 2018)
More Published Research
- Cochrane Collaboration Complementary Medicine Reviews—plain-language summaries and abstracts of research on complementary health approaches.
- NCCIH-funded studies in PubMed—a pre-designated search of all published, NCCIH-funded research to date.
- CAM on PubMed®—citations to journal articles on complementary health approaches—from acupuncture, to herbs, to traditional Oriental medicine.
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset—access to citations and abstracts from research on dietary supplements. (Office of Dietary Supplements)
- Annual Bibliography of Significant Advances in Dietary Supplement Research—bibliographies of significant dietary supplement research from 1999–2007. (Office of Dietary Supplements)
- Statistics on Complementary and Integrative Health Approaches