Recent Study Results
Summaries of Selected Studies
Modeled Manual Therapy May Protect Against Repetitive Motion Pain, Rat Study Suggests (March 1, 2019)
Genetics May Be a Factor in African-American Cigarette Preferences (February 15, 2019)
New Analysis Finds Increases in Non-Cancer Pain Prevalence and Opioid Use for Non-Cancer Pain Management Among U.S. Adults, Despite Decreases in Pain-Related Health Care Visits (February 13, 2019)
Substances in Coffee May Protect Against Parkinson’s Disease and Dementia with Lewy Bodies, a New Animal Study Suggests (December 18, 2018)
Massage May Provide Short-Term Improvement of Knee Osteoarthritis Symptoms (December 12, 2018)
More Published Research
- Cochrane Collaboration Complementary Medicine Reviews—plain-language summaries and abstracts of research on complementary health approaches.
- NCCIH-funded studies in PubMed—a pre-designated search of all published, NCCIH-funded research to date.
- CAM on PubMed®—citations to journal articles on complementary health approaches—from acupuncture, to herbs, to traditional Oriental medicine.
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset—access to citations and abstracts from research on dietary supplements. (Office of Dietary Supplements)
- Annual Bibliography of Significant Advances in Dietary Supplement Research—bibliographies of significant dietary supplement research from 1999–2007. (Office of Dietary Supplements)
- Statistics on Complementary and Integrative Health Approaches