We encourage and welcome your comments on NCCIH’s Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and Research Blog. In accordance with the Federal Government’s other social media comment policies, NCCIH has instituted the following policy in an effort to maintain respectful interaction:
- All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to NCCIH and information associated with complementary health practices. We respect the varying opinions surrounding complementary therapies and practices; however, intentionally spreading misleading or false information is prohibited.
- Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior are prohibited.
- No spam, advertising, or promoting of products/services. This includes repeated posts of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner.
Comments and/or links will be deleted if they contain:
- Unfair/unsubstantiated partisan political views
- Commercial endorsements
- Discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable statements, language, or content.
Records of posts and comments will be kept. We reserve the right to block or delete offenders of this policy.
The views expressed in user comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, the National Institutes of Health, or the Federal government.
Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by NCCIH, HHS, or any of its employees.
Do not submit copyrighted or other proprietary material in any form unless you clearly indicate that you have permission to do so. By posting your comments or other work, you grant NCCIH and anyone viewing the NCCIH Web site permission to copy, distribute, make derivatives, display or perform the commenter’s work publicly and free-of-charge.
NCCIH Research Blog Comment Policy
NCCIH Research Blog is a moderated blog. Comments will be reviewed before being posted.
We recognize that the Internet is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources, we intend to review and post comments from 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday except for on Federal holidays. We intend to review and post comments submitted at other times as soon as possible on the next business day. Comments will be accepted for one month after the blog is posted.
We ask you to provide your name (or nickname) and e-mail address if you would like to post a blog comment. We will publish this name along with your comment to help keep the conversation flowing. We ask for your e-mail address so that we can contact you if necessary. Your e-mail address will NOT be published on the blog. Please do not include your email address in the text of the comment.
If you are a reporter, please send questions to the NCCIH Press Office through normal channels rather than by submitting questions as comments.