NCCIH Web Site Information and Policies
On this page:
- Who funds the NCCIH Web site?
- Does NCCIH endorse products or other Web sites?
- What is NCCIH's linking policy?
- What is the source of the medical information on this site?
- Does NCCIH provide medical advice or referrals?
- What is the copyright policy for text and images on NCCIH's Web site?
- What is the schedule for posting content?
- What is NCCIH's Social Media Comments Policy?
Who funds the NCCIH Web site?
The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) and its Web site are funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), United States Government.
Does NCCIH endorse products or other Web sites?
No, NCCIH does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The information on NCCIH's Web site may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. Any use of a 3rd-party image/logo or participation in or use of a 3rd-party Web site does not imply endorsement. NCCIH may “follow” or “Like” non-government organizations on 3rd-party sites, but this does not indicate endorsement of that organization or of its views or site content.
What is NCCIH's linking policy?
Linking to Us
Organizations are welcome to link to the NCCIH Web site. Links to the NCCIH Web site may not give the appearance of endorsing any commercial products, processes, or services.
External Links: Exit Notification/Disclaimer Policy
- This graphic notice () means that you are leaving the NCCIH Web site for a non-federal site.
- The external link provides additional information or a service that is consistent with the intended purpose of the federal site.
- Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by NCCIH, HHS, or any of its employees.
NCCIH is not responsible for the availability, accessibility, or content of these external sites, nor does NCCIH endorse information described or offered at these other Web sites.
What is the source of the medical information on this site?
Medical information presented on this site is derived from rigorous research on complementary and integrative medicine. Fact sheets produced by NCCIH are carefully reviewed by both NCCIH scientists and outside experts. The NIH has developed information quality guidelines to maintain the high quality of information.
Does NCCIH provide medical advice or referrals?
It is not the intention of NCCIH to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide users with information to better understand complementary and integrative medicine. Mention of a specific treatment or resource on NCCIH's Web site does not imply endorsement by NCCIH, NIH, or DHHS.
NCCIH cautions users not to seek the complementary and integrative therapies described on this site without consulting a licensed health care provider to discuss both the advantages and risks of complementary and integrative medical treatments.
If you contact the NCCIH Clearinghouse for information, please be aware that specific medical advice or referrals to complementary health care practitioners cannot be provided. Information Specialists at the NCCIH Clearinghouse are trained to assist callers and provide other sources of information. However, because Information Specialists are not health care professionals, the information they provide cannot substitute for the medical expertise and advice of your primary health care provider.
- We collect no personally identifiable information (PII) about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Any PII you choose to provide is protected.
- Non-PII information related to your visit to our websites may be automatically collected and temporarily stored.
NCCIH's Privacy Policies: How NCCIH Collects and Uses Information
NCCIH's Privacy Policies: How NCCIH Uses Third-Party Web Sites and Applications
What is the copyright policy for text and images on NCCIH's Web site?
Text: Text on the NCCIH Web site is not copyrighted and is in the public domain. You may print and copy our publications. Please credit the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health as the source, and include the publication title and date, where applicable. Do not use our information in a way that suggests we endorse any commercial product or service. Because we routinely review and update information, we encourage you to link directly to our Web site.
Occasionally, the NCCIH site may contain documents or links to documents, such as full-text journal articles, that are copyright protected. Web users may view and print these documents. Contact the copyright owner for any other uses.
What is the schedule for posting content?
We post information as it becomes available, unless otherwise required by law. Some areas of the NCCIH Web site are updated daily while others may not be updated for weeks or months.