Herbs at a Glance is a series of brief fact sheets that provides basic information about specific herbs or botanicals—common names, what the science says, potential side effects and cautions, and resources for more information.
Each fact sheet can be downloaded as a single PDF, or you can download all entries as an eBook.
How might herbs interact with medicines?
If you have a Web-enabled device:
- Download the eBook as an ePub (for Nook, iPad, and more) (6.5MB EPUB)
- Download the eBook for Kindle (6.5MB MOBI)
If you need help downloading the eBook, follow these steps:
For iPads and iPhones
- Download the free iBooks app.
- Go to your browser and click on the ePub on the NCCIH Web site to download it. The ePub will open in iBooks.
- Plug your Nook into your computer, and it will show the folders on it like a flash drive.
- Find the folder “My Documents.”
- Copy the ePub file into the “My Documents” folder by dragging and dropping the file, or copying and pasting the file into the documents folder. Now the ePub should be on your device.
- Disconnect your Nook and view the ePub in your Nook’s library after it scans for new media.
Follow the directions below to download the eBook to your computer’s desktop.
- Download the ePub file and save it to your desktop.
- If you have a Kindle device or reader, you can add a new eBook to your Kindle device or reader using e-mail or USB.
- If you know the e-mail address associated with your Kindle device, attach the MOBI file to an e-mail and send it to your Kindle’s e-mail address.
- If you don’t know the e-mail address associated with your Kindle device, you can find it by selecting the “Menu” button on your Kindle’s keyboard and opening the “Settings” page using the five-way controller. Then, write down the e-mail address and e-mail the mobi file to your Kindle device.
- If you have a USB cable to connect your Kindle device to your computer, connect them. Your computer will automatically detect the Kindle. You should see it on your desktop, or with your drives.
Open the Kindle drive on your computer, and you will see some folders. Find the “My Documents” folder, and then copy the mobi file into that folder. You can copy it into the folder by dragging and dropping the file or copying and pasting the mobi file into the documents folder. Now the eBook should be on your device. Disconnect your Kindle and view the eBook in your Kindle’s library.
- If you don’t have a USB cable to connect your Kindle device to your computer, you’ll need to e-mail it to your device from your computer. See the e-mail instructions above.